Here, I will explain how to change age on Apple ID on the web, iPhone, iPad, and what steps to follow to update the date of birth on Apple ID under 13 child.
Your date of birth mentioned with Apple ID might be used for several features like in family sharing and sometimes used while resetting your account password.
Hence, your age or date of birth must be correct on your Apple ID. If it doesn’t, then below are the steps you need to follow to update age on Apple ID.
How to Change Age on Apple ID?
Follow the below steps to edit age on Apple ID using the web, iPone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices –
Edit your Birth Date on the Web
1. First, log in to appleid.apple.com.
2. Select the Personal Information option in the left side menu.
3. Go to Birthday.
4. Edit your date of birth and hit the Save button.
Done, you have successfully changed age on Apple ID on the desktop.
To change a child’s age on Apple ID below 13 years, contact Apple Support, Read What to Do.
Note: You might be asked to provide additional information like to change your Apple ID username from mobile number to email address. It depends on how you have created your Apple ID.
Update Age on Apple ID Using iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
Follow the below steps to change your birthday on Apple ID using your iOS device –
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap on your Name. Provide Apple ID if required.
3. Next, tap on Name, Phone Numbers, Email.
4. Go to Date of Birth and edit it.
5. Tap on Done once you are finished with your changes.
See, how simple it is to alter your age on Apple ID with your iOS device.
Change Age of a Child Under 13 on Apple ID
To change age on Apple ID under 13, you must be a member of the family sharing group. Your corrections will not become live until the group’s organizer approves changes.
Below are the steps to change date of birth for any age under 13 –
1. Update the DOB of your child under the age of 13.
2. Next, you will be asked to send an email to your family organizer.
3. Your family sharing group organizer will get the approval email.
Once the organizer approves changes, new date of birth of the child will be updated on Apple ID.
In some cases, you need to contact Apple Support for help.
Read Also: How TO Connect AfterShokz to iPhone 13?
In brief, this is how to change age on Apple ID under 13. Please take a note that age limit varies from one country to another.
Updating the correct DOB on Apple ID will help you use several features on your iOS device without any hassle.